Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting from phone to Roku Premiere

I am attempting to cast (screen mirror) videos that I have on my phone to my TV via my Roku Premiere. 

Under System/Screen Mirroring/Screen Mirroring Devices, it states "none".

Is there an app on Google Play Store that I can download, so I can mirror my phone screen to Roku?  If so, how can I set it up?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 14

Re: Casting from phone to Roku Premiere

You need to use the screen mirroring (Miracast-based; Rokus support Miracast and AirPlay2 for screen mirroring) function built-in to your phone (Android? no brand/model stated).  

This depends on the brand/model if this is functionality is available, what this is called, and where it is located in the UI (e.g. on more recent Samsung phones this functionality is provided by SmartView and is generally available in the Quick Panel).

If your phone does not have direct Miracast screen mirroring support, there are other apps that can provide (or unlock the Google-deprecated) Miracast functionality in your phone available in the Google Play store.

I also suggest you make sure your Roku's screen mirroring mode is set to "Prompt" and then choose "Always allow" for each device.

0 Kudos