Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ADRinDC
Channel Surfer

Re: Cast or screen mirror Peloton to Roku Ultra

Mostly.

Roku App has some hiccups. 1. Can't choose a user but must log off and new person on. 2. Some classes don't show up on app. 3. For bootcamps it would be great to be able to cast the strength portion given how small the bike screen is.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@ADRinDC wrote:

Mostly.

Roku App has some hiccups. 1. Can't choose a user but must log off and new person on. 2. Some classes don't show up on app. 3. For bootcamps it would be great to be able to cast the strength portion given how small the bike screen is.

You'd have to contact Peloton about issues with the app. Either they developed it or contracted with a 3rd party for it. Roku didn't create the channel and does't provide the support for it. But everything you list makes sense, so it's something they should know.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

I've got to say that I literally hate my roku ultra now. No You Tube TV and now I can't cast my Peloton.  I literally bought this because my Peleton aways seems to find my mom's Roku instantly. Now the Roku ultra does nothing. I wish I had never switched.

Roku, can you partner with Peloton to get this fixed. It's a niche product but it's also a premium product. I care more about my Peloton than my streaming device.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@odaselementales your information is out of date. YouTube TV is again available on Roku devices. That happened last week.

As to your Peloton, you need to be more specific. I see a Peloton channel in the Roku channel store, but since I don't own such a device I don't know how it works. You mention something about casting. If it works the same as casting using Apple AirPlay or Windows Screen Mirroring, there's some network requirements that must be met for it to work. If it worked before but now does not, it's possible that something changed on your network. For example, I discovered yesterday that a recent Windows update had turned my computer firewall back on from my previous setting. An update to your home router might have changed a security setting that allows/blocks access. 

If the network settings are all correct but the app isn't connecting to your Peloton, then the problem isn't something Roku can help with. They have zero input on 3rd party apps, and only the app provider (in this case Peloton) can resolve any issues. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

The appear to be an issue with Peloton's functionality.  I can get my windows and android phone to connect, but not my Peloton.  Probably worth a support ticket to Peloton.

0 Kudos

I did some more research as we have the Peloton Bike and the Peloton Tread.  The Bike (1st version, not plus) will not connect.  The Peloton Tread (not plus) will.

0 Kudos
MFOXY
Reel Rookie

My Peleton Bike connects to my Roku Ultra easily and consistently.   I have found that line of site directly from the Bike to the Roku Ultra is required.

0 Kudos