Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonharris

Cast or screen mirror Peloton to Roku Ultra

I'm unable to screen mirror my Peloton bike computer to my Roku Ultra/TV. When I try to initiate the screen mirror, the Roku doesn't respond to the Peloton bike and nothing happens. Has anyone actually done this?

26 REPLIES 26
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cast or screen mirror Peloton to Roku Ultra

@jonharris wrote:

I'm unable to screen mirror my Peloton bike computer to my Roku Ultra/TV. When I try to initiate the screen mirror, the Roku doesn't respond to the Peloton bike and nothing happens. Has anyone actually done this?

Roku has limited ability to screen mirror or to receive a cast from another device. It seems most successful from Android devices, but even then not always. With Windows it uses Mirracast, again with limited success. iOS doesn't work at all. It's highly unlikely the computer you are referring to will be able to either. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue to my new premier.  Peloton has the casting capability.  It sees Roku.  But roku does not appear to see it.  I keep getting the message on my peloton that roku is not responding when it tries to connect.  I see many examples on the web were it works flawlessly.  I have roku set up to always accept.  

3PCPO

Peloton

I am thinking about purchasing a roku so I can use my Peloton app on my TV (not a smart TV).  Has anyone done this, and how?

0 Kudos
MFOXY
Reel Rookie

Re: Peloton

We have been casting our Peleton bike to a Roku Ultra for over a year now.  It mostly works very well.  Occassionally the Roku doesn't respond, but a reboot usually fixes that.   We cast to Roku, connected to an 82 in. Samsung UHD4K TV and a killer surround system.   Crank up the tunes really loud and away we go!

0 Kudos
wozzyusa

Hi,  Did you get it fixed? I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I have successfully screen mirrored my Windows 10 laptop onto my Roku Ultra 4640 without a problem. And the laptop showed all Roku devices on my network, so it should work to all of them. No special app, just use the Project function of Windows. Note that it only seems to work on my laptop, perhaps because it contains a video card that supports it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ATX

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having the exact same issue. 

0 Kudos
D726

Re: Peloton

can you list the steps you used? Like others y bike sees two rooks in my home but cannot connect.

0 Kudos

Re: Peloton Bike Casting to Roku Hooked to a stereo receiver

The internal sound system on the Peloton Bike is at best useless. I have spent hours on the phone in frustration with Customer service.

There is a way that I was able to solve the problem, but it makes my head explode at the trouble that was required.

Here goes: It takes a while to get the Peloton to cast to a Roku. Your mirror setting must be turned on, my suggestion is to always reboot. You will have to reboot both the bike and Roku each time you desire to cast.

I then connected via RCA plugs, my Tv, to my home stereo system. In this state, you can use your speakers and/or a set of wired headphones. They will both go as loud as you can tolerate.

If you want to use Bluetooth headphones, meaning AirPods, you will have to buy a bluetooth transmitter. I choose Aventree as it has a volume control. This device pairs once and you are done forever. You must plug the bluetooth transmitter in to the headphone jack of the receiver.

It all works as loud as I care to listen.

Shame on Peloton for not creating a high end product as loud as my iPhone. Good bluetooth would have saved me many hours. I love the bike, HATE the audio. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos