Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plutonius
Level 8

Caption Sync Issues

Jump to solution

Since an update last fall, I have been having issues with my captions being dropped and not synching up most of the time.

I'm using a two year old Roku Ultra and the sync problems mostly occur on the Funimation app but it does occur occasionally on the other apps as well.

I have tried uninstalling apps, checking for updates, restarting my Roku (both from the reset menu and power down) and every other thing I could think of. The Roku is connected directly to my router (not using wireless).

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any suggestions on what I can do ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bwaser
Level 7

Re: Caption Sync Issues

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset on the Roku which has cleared up the problems.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
bwaser
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku 2.  Captions on movies often drop off or are delayed and then more or less start working again.  Is this perhaps a Roku subchannel problem or might it be bad captioning on the source?

0 Kudos
Plutonius
Level 8

Jump to solution

I found that the captions now work if, after you hit play, you put the controller to the side. Manually advancing the frames, seems to screw up the sync.

0 Kudos
bwaser
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset on the Roku which has cleared up the problems.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos