Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wpark2419
Level 7

Cannot watch Netflix originals

I have a whole house full of Roku devices; 2 Roku express, 1 3600r stick and 1 Roku Ultra. My problem is my newest, the Roku Ultra. For some reason, any time I attempt to watch a Netflix Original the tv flashes black for about 3-5 seconds and will say “no video” in the top left, then starts flashing between Netflix and black. There will be random colorful horizontal lines across the screen when it flashes back to the show. There’s no sound and it doesn’t stop until I unplug the Roku for a few seconds and plug it back in. I can watch anything else on Netflix, Hulu, amazon etc with zero problems. All my other Roku devices play the Netflix original content just fine. I have to watch any original shows on my PlayStation on the same tv, so I know it’s not a problem with the tv. Any idea what could cause this or how to fix it? 
It’s been doing this consistently since March and I’ve only had it since January. So likely it has always done it, I just didn’t try to watch any Netflix originals so I didn’t realize. 
Thanks for any help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
wpark2419
Level 7

Re: Cannot watch Netflix originals

Okay so I put the Roku in the bedroom on a different tv and Netflix originals play just fine. Put it back on the living room tv and they won’t play no matter what input I hook it up to. Yet, on both PlayStation and Xbox 360 they play fine on the living room tv on all inputs. There has to be a setting somewhere that’s wrong? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

What make/model TV does it work on, and what's the make/model that it doesn't work? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
wpark2419
Level 7

The living room tv it doesn’t work on is a JVC LT-55MA875. It works on my bedroom tv which is a Seiki SE50FY35

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@wpark2419 wrote:

The living room tv it doesn’t work on is a JVC LT-55MA875. It works on my bedroom tv which is a Seiki SE50FY35

Well, that blows that theory. They both support 1080p, and the JVC being a UHD TV. I can't think of any reason that one would work and the other not. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
wpark2419
Level 7

My husband and I can’t figure it out either. He thinks it’s a great reason to get an even bigger living room tv though 😂

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

I would never argue with that logic... Smiley LOL

Dan
0 Kudos