Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larissler
Reel Rookie

Cannot get back to normal TV

I have my ROKU on HDMI2..  When I use the remote, it automatically goes to this source, which is great. However, when I want to go back to HDMI1 (my normal tv),  even when I change the source back to HDMI1 to watch "normal" tv, any time I use the tv's remote to change channels or flip to the Guide, it reverts back to HDMI2 and the ROKU..  I keep having to unplug the ROKU to get back to normal tv..   Help!  I have looked here and I have Googled and I cannot figure out how to stop this! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Cannot get back to normal TV

Try turning off 1-touch play on the Roku (Under Home->Settings->System->Control other devices).

Does that work?

0 Kudos
larissler
Reel Rookie

Yes that worked!! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
PWMorg
Reel Rookie

no it didnt work now cant even go back to old setting

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@PWMorg wrote:

no it didnt work now cant even go back to old setting

Not sure what you mean. What is "old setting?"

It's always best to provide exact information about the issue you're having. We're assuming that you have your Roku connected to one HDMI port, and you can use the TV remote to switch to a different HDMI port, but then during use of the TV remote, the TV input switches back to Roku. That's what the thread is talking about. So, is that your issue? If no, please describe the issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos