Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't select shows to watch in YouTube TV, other apps after selected kick back out to main Roku menu

I have a TCL Roku TV, less than a year old and it's already acting up. It's connected wirelessly to my 600mbps dedicated fiber internet under a 'good' rating (router is in basement). 50% of the time everything works. The rest of the time if I am in YouTube TV and press a directional arrow, it will act as if I've pressed that button 50 times and cycle through everything. Other times nothing happens at all. If I select whatever random thing it stops on simply nothing happens. Eventually I get the red TCL screen that basically looks like a refresh screen. I go back to the main menu, and it all happens again. In Netflix I can scroll through stuff just fine but if I select anything it basically goes up 1% at a time to 25% then pauses, and kicks me back out to main menu. Disney Plus? Select, wait, kick out to main menu.

Look guys I have a 1-year-old at home during a pandemic and I just want to play some freaking Sesame Street every once in a while. Is that too much to ask?

Anyone face anything like this? I've tried pulling plug and waiting minutes on end, it'll usually work for a day. I did a hard factory reset back to factory new settings, worked for three days. I'm kind of at a loss at this point.

Thanks.

0 Kudos