Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
llc36
Reel Rookie

Can't get display on ipad

Jump to solution

When using Roku app on iPad I cannot receive the video.  All I get is a display of a remote, no channels, etc.  Selecting * on the Roku remote does not give the option of getting a link code as it should according to Help.  .?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't get display on ipad

Jump to solution

@llc36 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What are you trying to display on your iPad?

When using the Roku mobile app on a mobile device, you will be only be able to watch The Roku Channel.

For more information about the the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@llc36 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What are you trying to display on your iPad?

When using the Roku mobile app on a mobile device, you will be only be able to watch The Roku Channel.

For more information about the the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I install the Roku® mobile app?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Parkfam

Jump to solution

I am trying to watch the Roku channel but I have the same problem. Just sound, no picture

0 Kudos

Re: Can't stream the Roku Channel on my iPad

Jump to solution

Exactly what everyone else is saying. There doesn't appear to be an option to just stream via the Roku mobile app on iPad or other smart devices. Similar to other streaming options lik Prime Video and Netflix, I want to do this with Roku on the iPad or my iphone.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't stream the Roku Channel on my iPad

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that streaming content directly from The Roku Channel in the mobile app is only available in the United States.

For more information about using the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Install the mobile app

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos