Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heavyd67
Level 7

Can't get anything to play on The Roku Channel

Why cant i get anything on The Roku Channel to play. I restarted it, deleted and reinstalled the channel and restarted it again.

I can get to all the shows but when I choose an episode it does nothing.

Issue report tracker.

Model:4200x -Roku 3

Serial number 1GU45T056628

Software version:10.0.0-build 4209-04 Timestamp: 2021-06-28TO33:0723Z

Issue ID 27-256-507

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get anything to play on The Roku Channel

@Heavyd67 wrote:

Why cant i get anything on The Roku Channel to play. I restarted it, deleted and reinstalled the channel and restarted it again.

I can get to all the shows but when I choose an episode it does nothing.

Issue report tracker.

Model:4200x -Roku 3

Serial number 1GU45T056628

Software version:10.0.0-build 4209-04 Timestamp: 2021-06-28TO33:0723Z

Issue ID 27-256-507

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel owner itself (in this case, Roku).

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos