Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Can't access programming on various services today.

I had problems with my Roku reception on various services all day today. On Amazon Prime, I purchased a movie, tried to watch it and got a black screen with subtitles. On Acorn, I clicked to watch an episode of a series and kept getting bounced back to the selection screen after the episode appeared to load. On Netflix, I got an error message repeatedly.

Since I get Netflix and Amazon Prime directly on my smart TV (though I prefer using Roku), I tried both and had no problems with the same programming. (I don't have Acorn on my TV so couldn't test it.) 

Hopefully everything will be back to normal tomorrow but I would sure like to know what's going on and if it could be a problem on my end, though it certainly doesn't seem so.

TIA, Beth

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 18

Re: Can't access programming on various services today.

Sounds to me like your net service is spotty and fluctuating.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 8

Thanks, but that doesn't explain why I'm getting a feed directly through my TV but not via Roku. Wouldn't the net service be the same for both?

0 Kudos
Level 8

P.S. I just checked and the problem is the same today as yesterday.

0 Kudos
Level 18

Go to Settings/Network/Check connection and check it maybe a few times.

Also in 'About'

What does Network/Internet Download Speed say?

What is your Roku Model number? (is it old???)

0 Kudos
Level 8

Everything returned to normal about an hour ago so I can only assume it was some kind of signal or transmission problem that cleared up on its own.

If it happens again, I will check the connection and internet download speed as you suggested, boogernose.

Level 18

Glad it worked out.

0 Kudos