Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cranberrysux
Level 7

Can't Run Channel

A few days ago I started receiving this error message:

'Prime Video' could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network.  Please check your network connection and try again.

This is happening for all Channels.  I've tried system updates, deleting several channels I no longer use, and even a factory reset none of which have helped.

This is for a 65' TCL Roku TV.  HELP!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
McNally
Level 7

Re: Can't Run Channel

I am having the same exact issue. Were you able to resolve this? If so, how? Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @cranberrysux,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What channel are you trying to load this content from? Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Sonmi
Level 7

@RokuMary-F Hi!

I have the exact same problem. I checked my network, re-installed the app (YouTube), unplugged roku for a moment and also tried your recent advice. None of these are working AT ALL. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

@Sonmi wrote:

@RokuMary-F Hi!

I have the exact same problem. I checked my network, re-installed the app (YouTube), unplugged roku for a moment and also tried your recent advice. None of these are working AT ALL. 

Try:

1)  Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings)

2) Change theme to Roku default (Settings/Themes/Theme Packs)

3) Change screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Themes/Screensavers)

4) Check for updates (Settings/System/System update/Check now)

0 Kudos
Sonmi
Level 7

Hi @StreamerUser 

1 - doesn't work

2 - there is no themes on my Roku device (Premiere)

3 - as above

0 Kudos
shelynser
Level 7

I am having trying to get you tube to play, I don't know why but all of a sudden I started getting messages that you tube didn't have enough room to play and to delete some other channels and make room.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

@shelynser wrote:

I am having trying to get you tube to play, I don't know why but all of a sudden I started getting messages that you tube didn't have enough room to play and to delete some other channels and make room.

Try the steps outlined in my previous post.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

@Sonmi wrote:

Hi @StreamerUser 

1 - doesn't work

2 - there is no themes on my Roku device (Premiere)

3 - as above

Try Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings)

0 Kudos