Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Izzy2665
Level 7

Can't Get Past Scrolling Screen

Why can't I get past the welcome screen that scrolls?  I have tried rebooting the thing...no change.  New batteries...no change.  This is getting old with Roku.  And...there is no one to call.  I have purchased at least 6 Roku devices for family and friends and this MY 3rd one.   I am starting to think the Roku people are making an inferior product.   Stuck at home and no television.  Thanks Roku.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Can't Get Past Scrolling Screen

@Izzy2665 

Thanks for the note.

Does the issue occur when you remove the batteries from the remote? Have you tried using the Roku mobile app while the remote batteries are removed to figure out whether it is the device or the remote that is causing the issue?

Please send me a PM with this information along with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos