Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithdt
Level 8

Can't Change Aspect Ratio on TV When Using Roku

I just bought a 50" UHD TV (ONN Brand). Using the television's menus I can change the aspect ratio for cable TV and for DVD's (DVD player & Roku player each connected separately to TV by HDMI). But this function becomes unavailable when watching with Roku. Can't figure out why this would be and I'm wondering if there is a Roku setting I can change to let me do this. I sometimes would rather use zoom to fill screen when watching widescreen video. My Roku is the Streaming Stick +.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Can't Change Aspect Ratio on TV When Using Roku

They didn't made the aspect ratio adjustable when using the Roku interface itself. Only for OTA and external connected devices. That is the same as when using an external Roku player, in that there's no aspect ratio adjustment from the player. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos