Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RkkMe
Level 9

Can frame stutter / dropped frames be addressed in Roku Ultra 2020?

Have been waiting for software fixes for my Ultra 2020 (4800X) device for a while, but the overreaching problem I have always had is still present. This device does not stream large 4K HDR MKV files (from plugged in USB drive) without stuttering or dropping frames. It is very noticeable to the point where you just want to stop watching the movie after only a few minutes due to frustration. The same files stream and play fine on the Ultra 2018 and 2019 devices with their steady 24p mode using the same setup, with just switching out the different Roku devices. It's like 24p mode is broken on the 2020 Ultra device or the device does not have the same processing power to stream the files smoothly . Anyone else not having these problems with a similar setup? This has always been the case and has relegated the newer device to being the least used of all, 'demoted' to stay on my third-best TV to just play 1080p content. I am just playing the files through the Roku Media Player app.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RkkMe
Level 9

Re: Can frame stutter / dropped frames be addressed in Roku Ultra 2020?

Anyone else having unsmooth video playback using 24fps 4K HDR files over USB?

0 Kudos