Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmsmedley
Level 7

Can I connect Roku Premiere+ to Denon AVR-S930H WITHOUT TV ARC?

Upon initial setup, I tried to run Roku Premiere +  HDMI cable to all 6 of the Denon HDMI inputs.  I always got video but never got sound.

Instead, I have an HDMI running from the Roku to my Sony 75" TV, and the optical out from the TV going to the Optical in on the Denon Receiver.

Question:  Is there any way to just run the Roku HDMI to the Denon directly for 4K video and highest quality surround sound? If so, what settings must I use on the ROku and Denon.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Can I connect Roku Premiere+ to Denon AVR-S930H WITHOUT TV ARC?

I don't have a Denon AVR, but I have no issues getting video/audio from my Ultra through a Yamaha AVR. My Roku settings are all on auto, and the Yamaha is set to do video passthough. I don't want/need my AVR to scale any video that passes through it. Perhaps your Denon is attempting to scale the video (and obviously failing). 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 11

Re: Can I connect Roku Premiere+ to Denon AVR-S930H WITHOUT TV ARC?

Check that your denon can handle whichever audio stream you have your roku sending. I'd also turn off your tv speakers to avoid any echo delays. 

You may have some choices in the denon on hdmi functions as well.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos