Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable Disconnection issues Roku Express

I've been having trouble with the larger cable attached to my Roku Express. It seems the connection is causing issues. That causes the TV to flicker when I'm on the Roku. It phases on and off. I can usually connect and disconnect the cable to make things better, but sometimes I have to pull out the smaller cable to reboot the whole thing. It usually can go back to normal but it's really inconvenient. 

I'd heard something about Roku issuing replacement part for some problems. I was curious to see if that was the case here. 

What can be done to solve this?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Cable Disconnection issues Roku Express

"NeedHelpFedUp" wrote:
I've been having trouble with the larger cable attached to my Roku Express. It seems the connection is causing issues. That causes the TV to flicker when I'm on the Roku. It phases on and off. I can usually connect and disconnect the cable to make things better, but sometimes I have to pull out the smaller cable to reboot the whole thing. It usually can go back to normal but it's really inconvenient. 

I'd heard something about Roku issuing replacement part for some problems. I was curious to see if that was the case here. 

What can be done to solve this?

Roku Express has a USB cord for power and an HDMI cord for connecting to a TV. Are you referring to the HDMI cord? If so, unplugging that while power is applied to the Roku or the TV could cause problems. That's not a Roku thing, that's an everything thing.

Perhaps you could clarify which cables you're fiddling with?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos