Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougMB
Level 8

Cable Channel Guide Completely Wrong

I just set up a new TCL R635 Roku TV.  

I scanned for channels from the coaxial cable input and found 90 of them.  The list of channels on the guide are all wrong from what is actually being broadcast on them and the data, when populated, is wrong as well.  

All the channels have a "period" as part of their number which wasn't the case on my older tv with the same cable hook up.

I have rescanned, rest, updated all to no avail.  

Help?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
andyross
Level 16

Re: Cable Channel Guide Completely Wrong

The channel numbers with periods are the raw tuner numbers from digital channels. Each tuner channel (basically, the old analog frequency) can be divided up into many digital channels, so they have 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc...

0 Kudos
DougMB
Level 8

Thanks for that info.  It is helpful but doesn't change the issue that my channel guide/content is not accurate from what is being broadcast.

0 Kudos
HisSvt2
Level 10

Mine is messed up for OTA tv it won’t tune to nbc Chicago because it says no programming yet my Plex server show the channel is there!

0 Kudos
MikeM7
Level 7

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same problem. Combined with the **bleep** remote this experience is very frustrating.

DougMB
Level 8

Nope.  

0 Kudos
DougMB
Level 8

Still wrong even with the latest update.

0 Kudos