Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peractin
Reel Rookie

CW App "No Valid Bitrates" Error

I have a Roku Express+ and a Roku SE. I have the CW app on both of them. About 2 months ago or so, the CW app stopped working on both of them. It gives me a video error that say " No Valid Bitrates" whenever I select a show to watch. I have tried reinstalling the CW app but that didn't work. I then tried resetting my Roku Express+ but that didn't work either. Anyone know how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: CW App "No Valid Bitrates" Error

You didnt mention your Roku model #/firmware version (Settings/System/About) or CW app version (highlight and press Options (*) on remote).

However, try reinstalling the CW app (must follow this exact order)

1) Remove CW app

2) Restart Roku  <- must do this here

3) Reinstall CW app

0 Kudos
Peractin
Reel Rookie

I have three different Roku devices. The CW app has the same error message on all three. One of the devices is a Roku Express 4K+. Model numbers: 3941RW. I have tried removing the app, rebooting the device, then reinstalling the app multiple times on all three devices with no luck.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Peractin

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting to remove then reinstall your device, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Did not fix the issue. 33% buffer for awhile and then the no valid bitrate error comes up. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @calebjscribner,

Thanks for your post. 

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher.

As mentioned by @RokuKariza-D, channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher, you'll want to reach out to the channel support team directly to share your feedback and get additional help. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos