Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12-IKE

CLOSED CAPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON ROKU CHANNEL

my closed caption option was working fine for the roku channel movies up until march of this year 2021. now it shows a black line where the closed caption would have been. they work fine on the netflix movies.

roku2 streaming player
model m4210r
lot 5200141628
serial 5y259d039388

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CLOSED CAPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON ROKU CHANNEL

Hi @12-IKE

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that closed captions are not visible until activated. To enabled closed captions, After playback begins, press the Star button * on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. An Options menu will appear on the left side.  Select ‘Closed captioning’, then use the right arrow button to scroll thru the various choices and select "On always".

For more information about using closed captions, visit our Support page here: How do I enable closed captioning? - Roku

We hope that's helpful.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

My captions disappeared on HBO Max, but I did a reboot (system restart) and they returned. Worth a try.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Chipmunk1

Yes, I have Roku on three devices, while a 4th Device is on Chromecast.

While watching a basketball game on NBA LEAGUE PASS on the Roku devices, there is no way that you can enable Closed Captions, while with Chromecast I'm able to watch it on CC.

I have CC setting in the Always-On on all my TVs.

Please look into this as you might have a software update for this.

Thank you

Chipmunk

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JeremiDavin

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos