Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12-IKE
Level 7

CLOSED CAPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON ROKU CHANNEL

my closed caption option was working fine for the roku channel movies up until march of this year 2021. now it shows a black line where the closed caption would have been. they work fine on the netflix movies.

roku2 streaming player
model m4210r
lot 5200141628
serial 5y259d039388

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: CLOSED CAPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON ROKU CHANNEL

Hi @12-IKE

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that closed captions are not visible until activated. To enabled closed captions, After playback begins, press the Star button * on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. An Options menu will appear on the left side.  Select ‘Closed captioning’, then use the right arrow button to scroll thru the various choices and select "On always".

For more information about using closed captions, visit our Support page here: How do I enable closed captioning? - Roku

We hope that's helpful.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: CLOSED CAPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON ROKU CHANNEL

My captions disappeared on HBO Max, but I did a reboot (system restart) and they returned. Worth a try.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos