Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tweybrew

Buffering and speed-to-server error msgs

I have been using a ROKU 2 connected via ethernet cable to my home router. It has been serving me well until I began having remote > ROKU problems. Assuming that the unit needed to be retired, I installed a new Express. Since it has no ethernet provisions, it is connected to my LAN. Now I am experiencing "buffering" delays as well as "speed-to-server" issues. My old ROKU 2 triggered neither of these issues. Via trial and error, I have discovered that my problem with the old unit was really a failing remote. To furthur test theory, I reinstalled the ROKU 2 and am now getting "buffering" issues and blurry picture, neither were there before. I've tested my download speed, I stream only standard HD quality (no 4K). I only have a simple home network with 2 PCs and the ROKU coming from my router. I am a not a techie, my home is small, I use Windows 10. Anyone have any suggestions for me, please?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buffering and speed-to-server error msgs

Having same problem with new streaming stick 4k along with alot of my friends. Have had spectrum change everything from pole to house and everything in house. I am able to get spectrum on the phone when buffering happens and and they see no problem with signal to router. just finished chatting with roku support, no help there. My opinion is problem with roku, no other services I have are affected.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Buffering and speed-to-server error msgs

Hi @1640

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Spectrum or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Spectrum and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos