Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OrangeReptar
Level 7

Broken hdmi extender Roku stick?

I just got the free hdmi port extension for my Roku stick I bought at Walmart and it was making the screen all static and loud. I checked all the hdmi ports with the extender and it did the same thing. It’s plugged in now without the extender cable and it’s working fine. How do I get a new cable? My tv is making the streaming stick hot and I don’t want it to overheat after I just bought it.image.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Broken hdmi extender Roku stick?

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMU extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI extension cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
OrangeReptar
Level 7

Re: Broken hdmi extender Roku stick?

I just bought it and the protection plan so I was hoping the free extender would work. The stick was so hot I almost burned my fingers taking it off my tv.

0 Kudos