Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradleyA
Level 7

Broken TV

My screen went black and briefly shows the Roku logo and goes black. I've emailed Roku and they marked my exchange email as "solved" by sending me to another page that doesnt help. so the chase has begun, does anyone know how to quickly get an exchange? I bought the TV from Best Buy. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IOC13
Level 7

Re: Broken tv

I’m trying to get my tv replaced to my son threw a mug at the screen and I have a 3 year protection plan that seems to be useless at this point because I can’t even get ahold of anyone they sent the same email saying solved but didn’t give me a date and time when they could some someone to fix my tv 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@BradleyAand @IOC13 -

Neither of you gave information about the make and model of your sets, nor whether these are TVs with Roku capability built in or non-Roku TVs connected to a separate Roku unit.

Both of your issues sound like TV equipment problems which should be referred to the manufacturer of the set.  In the case of Roku TVs, Roku supplies the operating system but the hardware is the responsibility of the manufacturer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
IOC13
Level 7

They told me that my protection plan doesn’t cover broken screens!. Next time I buy a tv I won’t jump so high when they say protection plan 🤦🏾‍♂️

0 Kudos
IOC13
Level 7

It’s a high sense Roku lcd led tv

0 Kudos