Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoePA02
Level 7

Brand new Stick+ crashes constantly

I just acquired a Roku Stick+ 2 weeks ago. This is not my first roku device. I have a roku stick that works without issue, I've owned that stick for ~4 years. 

My issue is that when I try to use the stick the screen goes black and roku reboots itself. It does this no matter which channel I use, although this happens faster with some channels than others. I can stream Roku channel content for an hour sometimes and other times it won't last 10 minutes with the exact same Live TV channel. When I try to stream netflix it freezes and reboots within 30 seconds most of the time, with 2 minutes being the longest I can watch anything. Sling TV works for 2 hours one day, then the next it cannot even play for more than 2 minutes.

The roku stick+ is powered directly from the wall adapter. It is plugged into a TV hdmi port that I have tested with my other roku stick. I'm at a lost and ready to send it back for a refund. 

I have tried restarting it both through the menu and unplugging it for 10 minutes. I have also done a factory reset. I have tried it on another TV. Nothing has worked. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Brand new Stick+ crashes constantly

Have you tried the power adapter from the working stick on the problem stick?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos