Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agalvs69

Roku Express Stuck on bouncing logo

Model-3941x

SN- SOAH2178CUFX 

please help!!!! Stuck on bouncing logo!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express Stuck on bouncing logo

@Agalvs69

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
globalchurchinc
Reel Rookie

Is there a real answer fir this issue? It’s been months without support 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @globalchurchinc

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Could you tell us specifically the troubleshooting you've tried? Please also reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Brian16
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku load screen frozen

Same thing that I read in this thread is happening to me, tried factory reset and all the other suggestions.  Model is 3941X

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brian16

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brian16
Channel Surfer

Sent a detailed response in email, and pinged again yesterday.  @RokuDanny-R 

Is there something I can do?  I am outside the window for returns on Amazon, again only had this for maybe 2 months.

Here is a copy of my response.................

Danny,

Only screen that ever shows is the one in the attached photo.

This is after attempts at factory resets, complete power removal, all remote reset attempts.

Model is Express 4K+, SN S07P2190VJ5X, model 3941x

I cannot tell you any software version cause I can’t do anything with it.

image_67128065.JPG
Beaverboyseth
Channel Surfer

I feel you. I've been having the same issue for over a year. Missed return window thinking I was doing something wrong and it would start working again, but nope. Still broken.

Frustrating reading support's same answers over and over that do not help. There's nothing I've found online to remedy this problem. Not here, not on Reddit, or on Google. Yet lots of people are having this boot issue with their Roku's.

I believe Roku knowingly ships defective products and pushes un-tested firmware that bricks our devices. I've bought 4 different Roku models since 2014 and they've all had varying degrees of problems. Not to mention how laggy the interface is regardless of model. Not a single one of them has ever worked right for me consistently. They're more trouble than they're worth, honestly. 

I've since gone back to using the streaming apps on both my smart tv, and my Playstation. At least those work.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Brian16 @Beaverboyseth

Thanks for the posts.

When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on screen.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
User345
Reel Rookie

Re: Bought a brand new Roku express and its stuck on bouncing Roku logo???

Hi, I have tried everything on this post- change batteries, plug into power source, pressed reset for 30+ seconds. Nothing working. Please help. Had device for around 18months and it’s been working perfectly just stopped working randomly.

model: 3930X Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)  

0 Kudos