Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my TLC Roku TV stuck on blue screen?

Anybody have any updates to "blue screen only" issue? When I turn on my 55" TLC Roku tv all I get is a blue screen. Unable to access menu or anything, for that matter. Eventually, screen just goes black and tv shuts down, I guess.

Anybody?.... Anybody?...

Bueller?.... Bueller?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why is my TLC Roku TV stuck on blue screen?

This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Roku TV Manufacturer Support Contacts:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Other Community topics that you might find helpful:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
LEPSeattle
Reel Rookie

Re: Re: Why is my TLC Roku TV stuck on blue screen?

I'm having a similar issue, only I get vertical stripes, mostly green. No sound, no access to the Roku menu, nothing. My TV is working fine otherwise, it's just Roku that isn't working. It's like I've gone back in time to the old black-and-white stripe days when TV service was over for the day (you probably have no idea what I'm talking about... that's ok... I'm old).

LEPSeattle
Reel Rookie

I'm having a similar issue, only I get vertical stripes, mostly green and orange. No sound, no access to the Roku menu, nothing. My TV is working fine otherwise, it's just Roku that isn't working. It's like I've gone back in time to the old black-and-white stripe days when TV service was over for the day (you probably have no idea what I'm talking about... that's ok... I'm old). Tried soft reset. Tried hard reset. Tried plug/unplug. Tried using a different port. Nothing works. I did manage to get the dancy music after the resets, but no visuals but the stripes.

0 Kudos
KULBREEZ97
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
rukublue

I clicked the link you provided but I got a message saying I do not have access.

renojim

Re: Re: Why is my TLC Roku TV stuck on blue screen?

All he does is restart the TV.  You can do the same thing by unplugging it for a few seconds and plugging it back it.  The other thing he shows is the "clear the cache" routine which also restarts the TV.  You can try it:  Using the remote, press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and Fast Forward (>>) twice.  If you do it correctly you're TV will restart on its own.

I'd be interesting in knowing whether the second method works while just unplugging it didn't.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Karilynn
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue and thought it was time for a new TV. I'll list everything I did in the order I did it but honestly I don't know why it started working again. 

1. I cleared the Cache using the  remote shortcut found in this thread. I didn't know that it what the remote shortcut was doing until later so I did it several times. It results in the TV rebooting itself. 

Point the remote at the TV while it is on.

Press the HOME button 5 times, the UP button 1 time, the REWIND button 2 times, and the FAST FORWARD button 2 times. 

This will clear the cache and the TV will reboot twice.

I repeated this action probably four times. 

2.  hard boot by unplugging it. 

Simply unplug the TV from it's power source while it is on. 

Wait a few minutes and plug it back in.

3. Clear the cache again ( see step 1).

4. Unplugged the TV from the wall removed all USB, HDMI cars and  attached devices and left unplugged over night. 

Restarted with no devices attached.

5. Cleared cache agai, since I removed devices. (Step 1)

6. Unplugged the TV and pressed and held the power button on the TV, not the remote . Like resetting the bios battery on a PC.  I held the power button for a full 60 seconds. 

7.  I left it unplugged for two days. 

I tried the TV to see if it worked after each step. 

I had pretty much given up but I turned it on after two days and it came back like normal. 

I didn't know that all I was doing was clearing the cache using the remote, so maybe you can skip the repeated steps but it certainly can't hurt.

I have a TCL 55inch 4K Ultra  Roku TV it's nearly 5 years old and had last updated  in December 2021 ( less than the months). 

same issue here.  the blue screen issue started about three or four months ago.

power unplug/replug method has worked until yesterday.  did factory reset one time. 

renojim

@TCL55bluescreen, have you contacted TCL?

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.