Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sharkey94
Level 8

Blue Screen

Here is my setup: Roku Ultra HDMI to Home Theater Receiver, then HTR output via HDMI to LG OLED HDR 4K TV.  I bought new 4k certified HDMI cables when I got the 4k TV. 
Recently when starting my Watch Roku activity, the TV displays a blank blue screen. The only way I have found to fix this is to unplug power from my Roku. After it reboots, all is good. This problem seems to have started a few weeks ago, and it happens every time I start the activity. I even swapped out the Roku Ultra unit with a different one (I own 4 of them) but the same problem happened.  I just updated the firmware on the HTR also, still no help. 
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
dmboofy20
Level 7

Re: Blue Screen

I've started having the same issue
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sharkey94 Thanks for reaching out via private message with the additional details. I'll continue following up directly.

@dmboofy20 Thanks for letting us know what you were seeing. Could you please provide your specific TV's make & model number, as well as the specific make & model number of any A/V receiver or soundbar being used with your device? 

Does disconnecting the HDMI cable and reconnecting it to your device, or restarting your device help restore the display? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
sharkey94
Level 8

Sometimes if I unplug the HDMI cable from the TV, the reconnect it, the display will normalize. If I unplug the power from the Roku then reconnect it, the display normalizes after the Roku reboots. I have the True Color feature activated on my TV'S HDMI input. Roku display resolution set to Auto, and it's detecting 4K 60 Hz HDR. HDR subsampling is set to 4.2.0
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dmboofy20
Level 7

My ultra is connected to aOnkyo TX-RZ630 9.2 Channel 4K Network A/V Receiver that is connected to a Samsung - 82" Class - LED - NU8000 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR. The blue screen goes away when I unplug the power to the ultra and plug it back in. I have not tried doing the same with the HDMI cable yet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
AllTheThings
Level 7

Re: Regarding Firmware 9.2.0 HDCP issue

[Content updated and merged]

I am also seeing blue screens that just started happening on a Roku Ultra.  It worked two weeks ago and now all I get is blue screen.  I have not tried any of the work arounds but I will try hooking up directly to my TV rather than receiver.

-Patrick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Regarding Firmware 9.2.0 HDCP issue

Thanks for sharing your reports. Our team is currently investigating these reports and working to help get them resolved as quickly as possible. Please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About, and be sure to include both your TV and A/V receiver's make & model (if in use). 

I'll follow up directly to see if there are any other suggestions that we can provide in the meantime. 

Cheers,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
willie9
Level 7

I have almost the same setup [Roku Ultra to Onkyo receiver to LG oled tv] and had the same issues.  There was a software update on December 5th and it seems to have solved my problem.  Can this be true?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dmboofy20
Level 7

The update solved the issue for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Doggyman
Level 7

I'm glad I'm not alone with this.  I'm using a Premiere Plus, routed through a JBL soundbar to a projector.  A few weeks ago, the display defaulted to the "cinemagic" screen saver when I fired up the system.  Now it opens to a blank blue screen. 

0 Kudos