Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Bloomberg App Video Error, Bitrate error

Many thanks for the updates. No word from Bloomberg as yet.

Highlighted
Level 8

No joy with throttling bitrate via router, same issue persists. Will wait for your update from Bloomberg.

Highlighted
Level 8

No word from Bloomy yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

No word as yet. I just pinged them again:  contactus@bloombergsupport.com  My first outreach was Sept 30th. Please feel free to contact them, too. It may help if more of us highlight the issue with them.  I'm  experiencing the issue with more frequency now.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for the update, I will send email as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same problem with the Bloomberg app. I think it has something to do with the data feed added to the picture from Bloomberg.

If you select the 'BTV' option at the top of the screen to watch the live video there is no Audio/Video Sync issue, however you don't get any of the market data feeds on the right and below surrounding the video feed.

If you select the main video option, you get the market data feeds, however there is A/V sync issues.

Edit:

You can also submit feedback to Bloomberg here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/feedback

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

In my case I think the problem is the Roku hardware built into the RCA Roku TV that I have is insufficient. I purchased a Roku Streaming Stick Plus and connecting it to the HDMI1 port of the same TV and there is no Audio / Video sync issue using the Roku Streaming Stick.

This leads me to believe perhaps Bloomberg is sending two separate video streams (1 for picture, 1 for market data/news) and offloading the processing of those streams so the end users device must combine them into one image (i.e. your Roku).

This may mean that lower end devices do not have enough processing power to perform the task. Maybe Bloomberg could do the merging of the streams on their side and send it as one stream so its easier for lower devices to display like any other single stream service.

Here are my devices used in this test:
Roku TV
Make: RCA
Model: RTR4360-US

Roku Streaming Stick Plus (3810CA)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@rcampbell thanks for the suggestion, trying BTV now. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Now I get a stalled loading... condition instead of the bitrate error, but Bloomy did respond to my email asking for a screenshot. I’ll keep y’all updated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

0 Kudos