Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Bloomberg App Video Error, Bitrate error

I recently noticed a menu bar at the top of the screen when in the Bloomberg Roku app with ‘btv’. I find using this link gets you the video stream without the market data feed to the right and headlines at the bottom. The good is I’ve yet to have a video error problem using this link so far, although the bad is missing content.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Yeah, BTV is working for me as well, but it’s weird, all three views air a bit differently. One is delayed, the other has ads when they are actually broadcasting etc. Check it out, switch between views and you’ll see. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Bloomberg support finally got back to me today. (My initial support request was sent 9/28/20)  They recommended updating the Roku app to the latest version.  Setting>System Update etc.  I'll do this tonight and then test tomorrow.  I'm pretty skeptical this will make a difference since my Roku checks for updates frequently. That said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll post should it make any difference.  Wish me luck!  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Here is my update on testing the new Bloomberg app version:

Bloomberg Roku App Version 2.1 Build 5

RCA Roku TV -> Main Stream (Video and Market Data) -> Audio Video out of Sync (Audio ahead of Video)
RCA Roku TV -> BTV (Video no Market Data) -> Audio Video OK

Roku Streaming Stick Plus -> Main Stream (Video and Market Data) -> Audio Video OK
Roku Streaming Stick Plus -> BTV (Video no Market Data) -> Audio Video OK

-----

Bloomberg Roku App Version 3.0 Build 1

RCA Roku TV -> Bloomberg Television (Video and Market Data) -> Audio Video out of Sync (Audio ahead of Video)
RCA Roku TV -> Bloomberg Quicktake (Video no Market Data) -> Audio Video OK

Roku Streaming Stick Plus -> Bloomberg Television (Video and Market Data) -> Audio Video OK
Roku Streaming Stick Plus -> Bloomberg Quicktake (Video no Market Data) -> Audio Video OK

0 Kudos
Level 8

@ADTV20 wrote:

Bloomberg support finally got back to me today. (My initial support request was sent 9/28/20)  They recommended updating the Roku app to the latest version.  Setting>System Update etc.  I'll do this tonight and then test tomorrow.  I'm pretty skeptical this will make a difference since my Roku checks for updates frequently. That said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll post should it make any difference.  Wish me luck!  

I thought the same, but when I manually updated my apps Bloomberg was one of them, will test tomorrow as well.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Well this is interesting, my app updates froze on Bloomberg’s app @ 100%.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I was able to complete the app update on my two televisions.  Bloomberg has a new home page. It appears to no longer have the BTV choice just BTV+.

BTV+ streamed on one tv for about 15-20 minutes before the following pop-up appeared: "Video Error.  An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.". The other TV played for 5-10minutes before crashing to a black screen with the word "Loading" above a horizontal bar but nothing then loads. It just hangs.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Yup, now it’s worse because there’s no view that doesn’t error out (either video error or loading freeze error) and you have to watch an ad every time you reset the view :-(

0 Kudos
Level 9

Agreed. It’s worse now and unwatchable. Just sent a reply to Bloomberg support stating same. Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
Level 8

FYI - Pluto TV carries Bloomberg without issue, but only the BTV view, no side bar (BTV+). I responded to Bloomy with same as well. And you’re quite right, it’s unwatchable now.

0 Kudos