Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyD30
Level 8

Re: Bloomberg App Video Error, Bitrate error

FYI - I sent this thread link to them as well :-)

0 Kudos
ADTV20
Level 9

Good to know, thank you.

0 Kudos
weatherdrew
Level 7

Just performed the update on my Bloomberg app and a system update on my Roku 4k. I also now only have BTV+ with the datastream, and it continues to display the "No Valid Bitrate" error, if not more frequently than before.

Nothing has been fixed, and if anything - the live stream is now unusable.

0 Kudos
jimmyD30
Level 8

Been back and forth with Bloomy, nothing fixed - I asked to escalate, but who knows. I’ll escalate myself soon, maybe to the (ex) Mayor himself.

0 Kudos
ADTV20
Level 9

Lol! Once fixed and thanked us for beta testing they’ll likely start charging us a fee for it.  

0 Kudos
jimmyD30
Level 8

LMAO :-)

0 Kudos
jimmyD30
Level 8

So, since I (very) politely asked to escalate the issue and provide me with a higher level person of contact I have heard nothing from Bloomy :-(

Time to call the Mayor!

0 Kudos
weatherdrew
Level 7

Just a long-awaited follow-up, that for the last 6 weeks or so since updating my Roku 4k and the app to the latest firmware and release, I have only seen this occur very rarely. Most days I'm able to leave the app running during the entire day without issue. 

0 Kudos
Rs9999
Level 7

Hi, 

Think I fixed it.

I think it is due to lack of processing power In certain rokus. I have a Roku Express 1080p from around 2019.

Press * when playing main bloomberg channel  (channel on left when starting app)

Now set closed captioning to OFF

Also switch volume mode to OFF

I think this reduces processing requirements. It is now working fine. 

Hope it lasts and works for you

0 Kudos