Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Bloomberg App Video Error, Bitrate error

When watching the Bloomberg channel using a Roku Ultra, we frequently get a "bitrate error...", "timeout..." or "video error..." pop-up message and streaming stops. We only seem to experience this issue on the Bloomberg channel.  Netflix, Hulu, Prime etc. channels stream fine. 

Any suggestions as to the cause of these errors just on this channel?  

Set-up: Wired Roku Ultra

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
36 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Bloomberg App Video Error, Bitrate error

I have this exact same issue on this device, would love to know why it's happening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I also have this problem.  Only seems to be with Bloomberg app and only seems to happen when they go to commercials.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same here, only when I choose the full screen option and possibly when an ad starts in this mode. I just manually reduced the bit rate and I’ll see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I've emailed Bloomberg support for help with this issue also.  As I get the error on either full screen or the splash page with the embedded player. I'll post this thread should I hear back from them.  Curious to hear whether your idea of reducing the bitrate helps. Please keep us posted.  Thanks!

Bloomberg TV Video Error MessageBloomberg TV Video Error Message 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

@ADTV20 wrote:

I've emailed Bloomberg support for help with this issue also.  As I get the error on either full screen or the splash page with the embedded player. I'll post this thread should I hear back from them.  Curious to hear whether your idea of reducing the bitrate helps. Please keep us posted.  Thanks!

Bloomberg TV Video Error MessageBloomberg TV Video Error Message 

So far, so good! Reduced bit rate to 3.5 mbps, normally it would have errored out by now, but I’ll post another update at end of day as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

How do you reduce bitrate usage at the Roku?  On the device itself? Or at your router or switch? 

0 Kudos
Level 8

@ADTV20 wrote:

How do you reduce bitrate usage at the Roku?  On the device itself? Or at your router or switch? 

FYI: I also turned on Debug, but not sure if that matters. Still working!

17A60609-4C96-457F-9120-58A3AB6BDC54.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

UPDATE: Roku keeps switching the bitrate back to ‘Automatic’ and it started erroring again. I heard this was an issue (switching back to auto bitrate mode), if you have a solution for that, please post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

UPDATE: I tried switching my resolution from 1080 to 720, no better, still error. I’m trying limiting my bandwidth in my router to 3mbps for the Roku device, I’ll keep you posted.

0 Kudos