Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkloo74
Level 7

Blinking screen - cannot reach customer support

I selected that the topic was not available because all the suggestions we have tried, and none of them have worked. The mist recent comment that was posted someone having this issue in July had no response. 

I’ve tried contacting customer support just to have a message saying there was an error and to try again later… only to get the same message - so I CAN’T contact customer support. 

We received our Roku Ultra after my mom and I realized we both had the Roku Express and had the same issues, googled, and so did everyone else else who has it! Horrible, horrible device - and everyone should get a credit when buying a new device, IMO. 

My mom received her Roku Ultra (4800 series)  first, works like a charm, no constant buffering and pixelating. I was so excited when I got mine in! First came the dozen or so factory resets necessary to get past the initial set; connecting to WiFi, strength was good, could not get past that screen. At all. Reset over and over and over, finally got past it. Log in to our Roku account, everything is there, looking like the worst is behind us. Then the blinking started. Doesn’t matter which screen or channel or options location you’re in - blinking. Reset, start all over. Stopped, continue watching shows… and blinking starts again. We finally unplugged it and went back to our pixilated constantly buffering Express. 

I’ve tried to reach out to customer support after trying all the suggestions on the other “blinking” threads - but I keep getting an error message, and to try again later. 

This is absurd. 
Is THIS why it was on sale for $30 off???

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Blinking screen - cannot reach customer support

Have you tried a different HDMI cable or different input on your TV or even another TV if you have one?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos