Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Blank Screen Issues

Jump to solution

After power up, the dancing Roku letters appear but then the screen goes blank and the TV reports no input signal. Removed power, reconnected and the same result. Changed HDMI cables, no change. Shutdown TV and restarted, no luck. I tried another media device (not Roku) and it worked normally. I suspect a software issue as I have 2 units that have this problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 19

Re: Blank Screen Issues

Jump to solution

Do you have another tv you can try this on? If so, I suggest you try to set it up there. If you can get it working there, go to Settings > Display type and set it to the actual resolution of the first tv instead of the "auto" setting. When you get the countdown screen click on the "yes" option. Now move the Roku back to the first tv and see if the problem is solved.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 19

Jump to solution

Do you have another tv you can try this on? If so, I suggest you try to set it up there. If you can get it working there, go to Settings > Display type and set it to the actual resolution of the first tv instead of the "auto" setting. When you get the countdown screen click on the "yes" option. Now move the Roku back to the first tv and see if the problem is solved.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

Level 7

Jump to solution

I do have another TV to try it on and will do that. I will report back with the results. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

That was a great tip and it fixed my problem! Thanks so much for your help troubleshooting this issue! Merry Christmas!

0 Kudos