Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickL1
Level 7

Blacks are pixelated on Roku2

I have a Roku 2, using a high speed Wifi connection, on a non-4K monitor. During dark scenes the background is pixelated. I've checked the speed on my phone, and I'll be getting 300 metabits download on my phone but maybe 40 on my Roku.
I'm wondering if upgrading to a new Roku Streaming Stick + with a dual-band, MIMO wireless connection will make a difference? Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Blacks are pixelated on Roku2

@NickL1

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please specify what model Roku 2 you are using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NickL1
Level 7

Thanks Danny. Model 4210x1, sku# 4210R. year is 2015 on the manual. 

Nick

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@NickL1

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 is a much older device. It's possible that upgrading your device will help with the video quality issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NickL1
Level 7

Thanks Danny. Is it possible to contact Agent-assisted support at Roku to find out which device will be most effective for my needs? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@NickL1

Thanks for the follow up.

You can compare the different Roku model devices on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NickL1
Level 7

Danny - I know that and looked there already. I was actually looking for help from the company. But I guess that's not the type of support they are interested in providing their customers. 

0 Kudos