Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunchill

Re: Black screen with roku streaming stick+

Jump to solution

I have been using a roku streaming stick+ with a Sony Bravia TV with no problems for several months.

Then this morning when I use the roku remote to turn on the TV all I get is the Roku logo bouncing across the screen. I have changed the batteries in the remote, changed the HDMI port for the streaming stick without any change in the situation.

Still only the roku logo bouncing on the screen.

0 Kudos
babydoss
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the "black screen" issue with my 10+ year LG 50" TV.  My issue started about 3 nights ago.  I turn on the receiver, then use the Roku remote to turn on the TV.  Then it starts to power on, the HDMI words appear at the top of the screen then the TV powers off after a few seconds.  I have unplugged/plugged the Roku cord at the HDMI port on the TV, did the same where the Roku stick goes into the back of my receiver and just tonight I rebooted the Wi-Fi.  All to no avail.  Do you think my stick has gone bad?

0 Kudos
Mer1219

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my LG smart TV which is not all that smart anymore apparently. It’s about eight years old. Very frustrating

0 Kudos
babydoss
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It turned out my Roku stick went bad.  My dad brought over an extra Roku Express and then it worked!

Yes, my LG TV is about the same age, made in 2013.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
MCalzado

Jump to solution

I connected the roku in another hdmi port and now it's fine

0 Kudos
hausofmeow

Jump to solution

I currently have the black screen w/ sound issue.  Prior to this the picture would cut in   and out or periodically get fuzzy.  I have tried everything but to no avail.  My tv is. Samsung Smart TV & it's only 4 yrs old

Jiuzzo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did not work

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Do a Factory reset if you must.

Otherwise its probably you tv.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
sisterkool

Jump to solution

No

0 Kudos
judysep
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I do not have a smart TV and as soon as I press HDMI to use Roku 2, it's a black screen.  I've changed the batteries in my Roku remote, I've unplugged the Roku device, waited 30 seconds, have unplugged the TV and waited 60 seconds.  I can watch TV but I am unable to use the Roku to stream.  Nothing appears but black.  Any help out there?  Many thanks.

0 Kudos