Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aboopie
Channel Surfer

Black screen with roku streaming stick+

Jump to solution
When I turn on my tv and select the HDMI channel that my roku streaming stick is connected to, I will see my home roku screen for a few seconds and then the tv screen will go black. While the screen is black, I can hear noises if I press buttons on the remote. I have unplugged everything, switched the HDMI port I am using on my tv, turned the roku off/on, and done a restart pressing the remote home button 5x, up arrow, rewind 2x, and fast forward 2x. I still am having this issue after all of this...how can I fix this?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aboopie
Channel Surfer

Re: Black screen with roku streaming stick+

Jump to solution

@JB33 @boogernose @MrSaturn 

so my issue had to do with having an insignia tv it seems. My temporary fix, was hitting the menu button on my remote, and changing the Picture Mode to anything other than what was already selected on my tv. I would have to redo this everytime I turned my tv on. 

The permanent fix came from @rokutannerd . This was to: go to settings > system > system update > check now, and perform a roku system update. Once I did the update, my tv was totally fixed. 

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Does the TV work with other feeds like antenna or whatever?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Aboopie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Aboopie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
I found the issue/solution on reddit...looks like there was some update, where this issue is now happening on Insignia brand TVs but there is a workaround to get it to work
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

can you post a link to or the solution here?

0 Kudos
MrSaturn

Jump to solution

I am having this issue too, but when I click the link you posted, I go to a page that tells me I do t have authorization to view the info! I need to stop the flashing! What did you do to fix it?

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I got that also. Dead Link.

You can try clicking on @Aboopie and sending him a Private mesage.

good luck

0 Kudos
JB33

Jump to solution

Having the same issue with a Roku sound bar.

Did you ever find a fix. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Aboopie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@JB33 @boogernose @MrSaturn 

so my issue had to do with having an insignia tv it seems. My temporary fix, was hitting the menu button on my remote, and changing the Picture Mode to anything other than what was already selected on my tv. I would have to redo this everytime I turned my tv on. 

The permanent fix came from @rokutannerd . This was to: go to settings > system > system update > check now, and perform a roku system update. Once I did the update, my tv was totally fixed. 

Aboopie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@echinvar I posted what worked for me, hopefully this works for you 

0 Kudos