Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHayes1520
Level 7

Black screen on antenna tv with USB for pause and rewind inserted

Saw an earlier post of same problem on update 9.2. I had no problem until just now when I updated to 9.4 and suddenly my OTA channels are blacked out. I still have a guide and signal strength meter tells me I’m getting reception. Upon troubleshooting myself, I discovered that taking out the jump drive and disconnecting pause and rewind function allowed the picture to come in. I reformatted my jump drive on my computer and jump drive was good. I reinserted into TV and went through the setups for pause and rewind and same problem. Curious note— if I pause even with black screen and then FF, I can see the progress of the FF on screen but when play resumes it goes back to black. Again...problem only occurred after updating to version 9.4. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ckrol77
Level 7

Re: Black screen on antenna tv with USB for pause and rewind inserted

I have the same issue and had the same solution to remove the USB stick and reformat.  But the problem came back and I removed the USB stick for Live TV Pause permanently.  Now the TV won't find any channels when I try to Scan for Channels w/out the USB stick.  I have no live TV!!!  Help.... 

MHayes1520
Level 7

Since my post I have the problem occur several times and I unplug the tv for 30 seconds or so and it fixes. Inconvenient but still works. I am still using the USB for pause and rewind. Hope this helps and hope Roku provides a permanent fix in the next update. 

0 Kudos
hobbie387
Level 7

The unplug trick did not work for me.  Has anyone else come up with any additional fixes?

0 Kudos