Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Black screen flickering

Jump to solution

So I've seen several posts similar to this, but with nothing quite like my issue. I just purchased a Roku Streaming Stick + a few days ago and from the get-go this has started happening. It seems to have started the same time that my remote tried to integrate with my Samsung 4k tv....

Whenever I turn on my TV the screen will start to flicker to black screen and then back. This does not interupt video, as it keeps playing while this is happening. It does this for several minutes in short and less frequent bursts, and eventually it stops happening as I navigate the menu etc... Audio will also continue, and if I bring up the TV settings menu this continues to display, which tells me that it is not the TV display that is flickering, but the Roku directly. If I turn off the tv and back on the whole process starts over again. This did not happen with my old Roku stick, which bit the dust recently, but did not have 4k capabilities. I have tried changing my display type from 4k HDR 60Hz TV to and from Auto Detect, which I saw in a previous thread, and this did not help any. 

Auto Adjust Display refresh rate is set to ON

HDR subsampling set to 4:2:2

Roku Streaming Stick + 3810R

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Black screen flickering

Jump to solution

**UPDATE**

So just in case someone else runs into this problem, I believe I solved it. My Samsung TV has an option to independently turn on or off the HDMI's UHD Color. This is done under the external device manager. One of my HDMI inputs (the one the Roku stick was plugged into) was turned off. It seems that the TV and the Roku Stick were fighting each other to turn on the UHD color. Not sure why I would want to turn the UHD Color off, but there ya go! This seems to have solved the issue. I'll keep updating if I run into more problems. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Black screen flickering

Jump to solution

**UPDATE**

So just in case someone else runs into this problem, I believe I solved it. My Samsung TV has an option to independently turn on or off the HDMI's UHD Color. This is done under the external device manager. One of my HDMI inputs (the one the Roku stick was plugged into) was turned off. It seems that the TV and the Roku Stick were fighting each other to turn on the UHD color. Not sure why I would want to turn the UHD Color off, but there ya go! This seems to have solved the issue. I'll keep updating if I run into more problems. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos