Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Black screen after snowstorm - all else OK

We had a small snowstorm 2 days ago - neither DirectTV nor Roku worked - both showing no signal.  TV is back fine now, but Roku screen still black - showing no signal.  Have checked the Roku 'no picture' video (essentially useless) and Googled problem (GOOD video, but neither solution worked).  Isn't there some kind of reset button?  (Man, Roku support is HORRIBLE.)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 10

Re: Black screen after snowstorm - all else OK

Do you get your internet via satellite?  (Just grasping at straws as to how snow could affect a Roku.)

When you say "no signal", is that the TV saying that? (ie: no signal on the HDMI) or is that the Roku complaining about not seeing your wi-fi?  "no signal" usually makes me think it's the TV complaining. I assume you're on the correct input and the Roku power is connected…

Yes, there is a reset button – usually a tiny recessed button on the back. Some people just pull the power. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

No to internet via satellite.

Screen is black with NO SIGNAL box bouncing around on screen.  Correct input, yes, and Roku power light is on. (though dimmer than usual?)

One of the two online suggestions on the Google video was to unplug and replug.  Tried that with no success.

Will try reset button, but . . . ???

0 Kudos
Level 7

I'll be darned!  RESET button worked!!

THANKS for help.

0 Kudos