Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kshu18
Level 8

Black screen after ads

So I just installed roku ultra a week ago. Just noticed after ads play and when show I'm watching is to come back on, i get a black screen with wheel spinning. Never stops. Have to hit home button and go back into show. Solutions?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Black screen after ads

What channel is this happening with? Roku themselves are only responsible for a few channels. The rest are all maintained by 3rd party developers, usually the content providers. If it's the Roku Channel, then yes Roku will have to figure it out. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Ann1
Level 7

This is on the roku channel. Watching a movie. Will go to ads. Plays 1st ad. Screen goes black and top of screen says ad 2 of 4. Nothing happens no longer how long you wait. When you go back to movie by hitting it starts over at the beginning. 

Williamt100
Level 8

I've had this happen (rarely) on a few ad-supported channels.  I assume it is just a "bad" ad, or a problem with the ad server.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos