Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maglioni
Level 7

Black rectangle on screen won’t go away

26F27787-72D6-481E-8649-6F61609FF461.jpeg

After our neighborhoods power momentarily went off and on, the Roku Ultra displays a black rectangle at the bottom of the screen. I’ve done a factory reset and it’s still there. I have checked other video sources, only the Roku is affected. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maglioni
Level 7

Re: Black rectangle on screen won’t go away

Nevermind. It appears to have disappeared. It’s still very curious, though. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

I suspect this was something your tv was doing, not your Roku, but I guess we'll never know for sure. Thanks for reporting back so people won't have to waste time asking questions and making suggestions that are no longer needed.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tia98
Level 7

Mine is doing something very simar, except instead of one large rectangle, its a bunch of small ones scattered across the screen. Its only on the operating system... but somehow the “ad” for movies is unaffected. 
if I go into apps (netflix, HDMI ports) the screen is completely fine.

However, if I change the volume or mute it, the icon that usually shows up in the top right is missing the image within the volume circle.

it happened a couple days ago, then it was fine yesterday, and its happening again today. If anyone had any ideas that would be awesome otherwise I might have to return the TV Smiley Sad

0 Kudos