Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cctexas20
Level 7

Black Screen

TV screen is totally black and was working fine yesterday.  What causes this to happen and how do you correct it to get regular screen back to normal ?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Jilla3
Level 7

Re: Black Screen

Also seeking solutions to this problem -- since yesterday! Glad you brought it up.  Any good fixes? *Black screen.*  Normal troubleshooting (unplugging power source, re-entering streaming stick in HDMI port). We've had the Roku device with no problems at all for over 2 years. Using with LG smart TV.
Appreciate any solutions that worked  for you! :-)

0 Kudos
babydoss
Level 7

Re: Black Screen

I am having the "black screen" issue with my 10+ year LG 50" TV.  My issue started about 3 nights ago.  I turn on the receiver, then use the Roku remote to turn on the TV.  Then it starts to power on, the HDMI words appear at the top of the screen then the TV powers off after a few seconds.  I have unplugged/plugged the Roku cord at the HDMI port on the TV, did the same where the Roku stick goes into the back of my receiver and just tonight I rebooted the Wi-Fi.  All to no avail.  Do you think my stick has gone bad?

0 Kudos