Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jtjtjt
Level 7

Re: HDMI Issues since 9.2

Jump to solution

Haha! Good one

0 Kudos
AJR77
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, worked with roku remote sequence with a black screen.

0 Kudos
Steve895
Level 7

Re: Black Screen on TV After Updating

Jump to solution

Nov 13, 2020

Same issue - after nearly an hour on chat, nothing resolved.

0 Kudos
Steve895
Level 7

Jump to solution

EXACTLY. It seems when they update we have this issue.
The chat support person tried for nearly an hour but to no avail.
We continue trying.
We've been working on it for nearly 2 hours now and somehow... We are now able to access. Waiting for an account activation link to be emailed. HOPING for the best.
We also would like to know other options. This is ridiculous.

ITSMEMARIO123
Level 7

Jump to solution

My family has tried that multiple times....Is there another way?

0 Kudos
Kmagnuson
Level 7

Jump to solution

What did you find out?

0 Kudos
Rgoknots
Level 7

Jump to solution

We had the same issue, so I searched online and came to this page.  It was a bit frustrating to see other people were having the same problem. 

So before giving up, I unplugged the stick and then plugged it into the back of the TV.  This time I pushed it in further into the socket until in was firmly connected.  

Then the black screen disappeared and the Roku Screen appeared to set-up the display resolution.

I hope this helps. 

Merry Christmas

0 Kudos
bschubarg
Level 7

Jump to solution

This works...

Hit the Home button twice (this is to ensure you are absolutely at the beginning point). Press Up, Right, Up, Right, Down three times, Right, Up, Right, then press the OK button. If that works, you should see the dancing Roku booting image. 

Cordoba
bschubarg
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried the above solution and it works.  What you are doing is navigating thru the menu with out able to see the menu.  I helped several ppl with this approach and it works.  Unfortunately ROKU should fix this instead of members having to fix it for them...

Cordoba
0 Kudos
Djcnbrooks4
Level 7

Re: Black screen after reboot

Jump to solution

So I followed the instructions most folks provided with the reset and when I got to the black screen (when selecting auto detect for the 780/1080) I turned off the tv (some other post said to do that) but that didn’t work so I selected the auto detect, then black screen, then clicked the left arrow button on the Roku remote and it brought me back to that screen again. I kept selecting all of the options (black screen then left arrow button again) and after about 4-5 times doing that I was able to select 1080 (black again, left arrow button) and eventually got through it!!

0 Kudos