Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuck500
Reel Rookie

Re: Black Bars on screen.

Jump to solution

I did a factory reset on my TCL TV and it seemed to fix the problem. Whether it'll stick, we'll see.

0 Kudos
CBomb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine started about a week ago. Factory reset only worked for a bit until it updated again. Still shows them, but once I got to an app and come back they usually disappear. Had the tv for about 3 months

Jump to solution

I'm happy to find out it wasn't just me having this problem!  I was able to fix it by having the TV on, then unplugging it for 30 seconds to a minute, then plugging it back in again.  Hope this is able to help others! 

0 Kudos
jvdmeritt

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I bought this TV in December and just started doing it a week ago. It's the Westinghouse 65 inches. Changing to an app or changing the ROKU theme fixes it until we restart the TV. 

0 Kudos
CBomb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After multiple attempts to resolve this issue, Roku support alerted me it was a problem with the TV manufacturer, but considering you have a different brand than I have, they are full of it as I thought. It is obviously an issue with their operating system due to the fact the TV works fine when displaying a picture. Either way, you won't find any help from them. They are perfectly content with passing the buck.  

0 Kudos
jvdmeritt

Jump to solution

Its definitely a software issue.. if it was the manufacturer then the black lines would stay on any app. The software of the TV is roku so it has to be something in their end. It sucks to know that they won't address the issue 

0 Kudos
Liss81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok so I’m not the only one I was freaking out cause I just got this tv and like everyone here has said it’s only when it’s on the Roku tv screen on my apps it’s fine hopefully a new update fixes this issue I’ve tried everything and the black square reappear 

0 Kudos
TTNg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My disappeared. I changed the theme and background. I had the default red background and theme. I changed it and now it's not doing that wear black bar thing anymore.

Liss81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you so much for your help I’ll try that 😊 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Mine has been starting to do it too. It started on Sunday and scared the heck out of me. I have had this tv since last year at before the pandemic broke out.

0 Kudos