Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Bars on screen.

Jump to solution

Every time I turn on my TV, my home screen features a ton of black bars across the screen that don’t seem to actually affect the picture but scare the heck out of me due to me thinking the picture is bad/going bad. Does anyone know what causes this and if I should be worried? Once I select an app/input, the bars go away.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TTNg
Reel Rookie

Re: Black Bars on screen.

Jump to solution

My disappeared. I changed the theme and background. I had the default red background and theme. I changed it and now it's not doing that wear black bar thing anymore.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

Jump to solution

20A7A681-9400-47A7-8726-BB66918451E5.jpeg

B2193A18-29EC-481D-8947-EDC79854F9C8.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ninzhan

Jump to solution

I am having this exact same issue. TCL w/ roku tv. Changing t background fixes it temporarily, but it always goes back to the bars.

0 Kudos
MightyHandy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yep, just happened to me.  Never had this before 9.4.0 update

0 Kudos
Mufn

Jump to solution

It’s happening here too. I changed the theme and it stopped for a while, then came back. It does not seem to affect the function of the apps, as it goes away if I switch to Netflix or PS4, but it is very alarming. Hopefully there will be a patch. My TV just had it’s first birthday

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here!  Does it all of the time now.  Glad to know I'm not alone!

0 Kudos
TTNg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same problems too. I suspect it's an update issue.

0 Kudos
RedDawn289

Jump to solution

Having the same issues, hopefully someone on here finds a fix. I really don’t want to have to return this bad boy

0 Kudos
Nitmatrix

Jump to solution

Having this same issue

0 Kudos
Chuck500
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. (50S435, for the record). Received it January 8, but it wasn't doing it at first, only started 3-4 days ago.

0 Kudos