Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspeaks
Level 7

Bit rate wont save

Jump to solution
I am using a crazy amount of data. Around 30 gb a day. I have all my roku players set at 720 streaming and have low quality set on netflix and youtube. I tried changing my bitrate to 3.5 but it won't save on any of my roku's and keeps going back to automatic. Is there a fix for this?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bit rate wont save

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. We don't currently support any feature to directly limit bitrate on your device. In the past, there were some developer functions related to this for testing purposes, but these did not apply to all channels and have never been supported for end-users.

This type of limitation/modification would need to be done directly within any individual channel's settings, such as Netflix offers, or in your wireless router's configuration. Feel free to visit the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community and add a kudo to the request for this type of feature to show your support. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bit rate wont save

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for the note. We don't currently support any feature to directly limit bitrate on your device. In the past, there were some developer functions related to this for testing purposes, but these did not apply to all channels and have never been supported for end-users.

This type of limitation/modification would need to be done directly within any individual channel's settings, such as Netflix offers, or in your wireless router's configuration. Feel free to visit the 'Suggest a feature' section of the Community and add a kudo to the request for this type of feature to show your support. 

Thanks! 

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos