Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best roku receiver

I currently have a roku express and get poor signal strength. I have tried all suggestions, moving, swapping with another, etc. In the same room/spot I can use an iPad and phone with no issues. I believe it has more to do with the internal antenna of the roku than anything else. I am wondering if anyone knows which of the roku players has the best internal antenna or are they all the same?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Best roku receiver

I think the new Stick + is considered the best, since it uses an external antenna from what I've heard (part of the power cable? Don't know). And of course the Stick + is dual band, so if you have interference on the 2.4 GHz band you can use the 5 GHz band, which is usually faster as well. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Re: Best roku receiver

"atc98092" wrote:
I think the new Stick + is considered the best, since it uses an external antenna from what I've heard (part of the power cable? Don't know). And of course the Stick + is dual band, so if you have interference on the 2.4 GHz band you can use the 5 GHz band, which is usually faster as well. 

I agree the Stick+ is best roku I owned, for how fast it is, and of course tv volume control via the roku remote.
0 Kudos