Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stinkfinger
Level 7

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

This is happening to me too. If I leave the batteries in they last another week so. I have to change them just to get the message to go away. Running through an obnoxious amount of batteries for no reason. I don’t need roku to tell me when my batteries are dead, I can figure that out on my own....

0 Kudos
Sbud117
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having issues with my unit doing the same thing I have a bat status displayed all the time in the top right corner aswell as I have apps I pay for like hbo that will not work at all

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sbud117

Thanks for the post.

It seems like your having multiple separate issues. It may be best for you to create a new post for each of those issues so as to not confuse or hijack this specific thread regarding the battery icon.

In regards to the battery icon issue, have you tried replacing the remote batteries to see if that resolves the issue? In addition, what Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ghoststar
Level 7

Re: Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

To RokuDanny-R, 

Why do you keep asking people to DM you when we are all experiencing the same issue?

1) I have now had the low battery symbol for a month. That's right. I've yet to change the batteries and they work fine. But for a month I've had the low battery symbol flash every single time I press any button, AND the low battery sign comes on every few minutes while I watch a show (which is an irritatingly unnecessary feature). 

2) You need to instruct us on how to disable that irritating symbol that starts flashing way too often and way too prematurely. Or, if the geniuses at Roku failed to include the ability to disable this pointless feature, then you need to offer to replace the unit with a newer model that does permit such disabling, or better yet, doesn't have a low battery notice at all. 

So... again. Why do you keep telling us to DM you? If it's so you can replace our unit, great. I have a Roku 3 and I would appreciate a replacement model that either doesn't have the low battery notice or has one that can be disabled. 

Please reply.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ghoststar,

We appreciate your post and thanks for letting us know about the battery drain issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
ghoststar
Level 7

Jump to solution

There are other streaming boxes. I think I'd rather try out a new one instead of buying a replacement remote just to find it still has the same issue--which seems likely, given that so many others are having this same issue. 

Thanks for nothing. 

0 Kudos