Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summersrl
Level 8

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

Well Klinder... at least you got a reply with things to try! I sent off the requested DM on Monday and haven't heard a thing from them since. After how quickly they responded initially their subsequent silence has been very disappointing. Guess maybe there just isn't a solution to the issue.....

0 Kudos
We-like-cats
Level 8

Jump to solution

Any updates?

I have tried all of the following

1. Reset Roku box

2. Re-paired remote 

3. Reset router. Even got a new router. 
4. New batteries. 

Same issue as noted above still occurs. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@We-like-cats 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
summersrl
Level 8

Jump to solution

Updates? You're funny. Roku Support dropped me like a hot rock. Much as they did to all who complained about this issue before me. Like you I got a nice "please send us a direct message and we'll put you in touch with our Support team". That was the last I heard from them. I even tried contacting them again. They ignored that outreach as well. Hope you have a better experience.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@summersrl 

Thanks for the follow-up here. I'm sorry if we missed reconnecting with you. We've provided your report to our team who was looking into the issue, but we don't have any further updates to share at the moment. I'll have our support team reach out directly to see what other options we have to help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
summersrl
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yeah. Right. I've heard that before....

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@summersrl Again, our apologies for the missed connection earlier. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for a follow-up from our team with further instructions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Kev001
Level 7

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

I have this problem, I changed batteries and it shows full charge, but remote won’t work, Roku app works fine, but not remote. Turned wifi off and on, reset roku box etc...still no good

0 Kudos
summersrl
Level 8

Jump to solution

Okay. It's been six days since RokuTannerD assured me that one of their folks was going to reach out to me on this issue. And, just like time I got such a promise.... I've heard nothing from them. I don't know why they don't just say they haven't a clue how to fix the issue nor why they continue to promise a level of support/assistance they have no intention of actually providing. 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@summersrl Thanks for following up. I double checked, and our support team did reach out to you on January 29th as stated.

Please take a look in your email spam/junk folders to see if you missed our message. If you still aren't seeing it, please send me a private message with your preferred contact phone number and I will have our support team reach out again. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos