Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stoneking
Streaming Star

Re: Battery warning

Jump to solution

It's not worthwhile to constantly remind customers how much batter life they have left.

Why not do it like other devices and have a section under settings where customers can just look at it?

Turn it off, please. It's not useful and judging from customer feedback on these forums, many find it annoying. Some companies would take that as a clue. 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Battery warning

Jump to solution

You can view the battery level in the settings menu, although I believe that's only for the WiFi Direct remotes. And most likely those are the only remotes that provide a battery level to the Roku.

If they didn't provide a warning, and suddenly the remote stops working, there would be just as many people unhappy with them not providing a warning. There's no way to please everyone.

Of course, they might consider adding a switch in the menu to turn notifications off. Then it's up to the user to decide if they want the messages. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
ghoststar
Reel Rookie

Re: Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

To RokuDanny-R, 

Why do you keep asking people to DM you when we are all experiencing the same issue?

1) I have now had the low battery symbol for a month. That's right. I've yet to change the batteries and they work fine. But for a month I've had the low battery symbol flash every single time I press any button, AND the low battery sign comes on every few minutes while I watch a show (which is an irritatingly unnecessary feature). 

2) You need to instruct us on how to disable that irritating symbol that starts flashing way too often and way too prematurely. Or, if the geniuses at Roku failed to include the ability to disable this pointless feature, then you need to offer to replace the unit with a newer model that does permit such disabling, or better yet, doesn't have a low battery notice at all. 

So... again. Why do you keep telling us to DM you? If it's so you can replace our unit, great. I have a Roku 3 and I would appreciate a replacement model that either doesn't have the low battery notice or has one that can be disabled. 

Please reply.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ghoststar,

We appreciate your post and thanks for letting us know about the battery drain issue that you are experiencing.

Please be aware that the Roku 3 is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
ghoststar
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There are other streaming boxes. I think I'd rather try out a new one instead of buying a replacement remote just to find it still has the same issue--which seems likely, given that so many others are having this same issue. 

Thanks for nothing. 

0 Kudos

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

Clearly,  Roku is being paid by battery manufacturers to try to create sales for them. As though anyone who's past walking age cannot figure out that "when remote doesn't work, remote needs batteries". Last Roku product I'll ever EVER own.

ruhrok
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just started having this issue and it's driving me nuts.. any way to escalate this?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ruhrok

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? Can you provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rajaalbarb

Re: How to fix remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

Battery Level 100%MAC address B8:A1:75:0A:7D:BEFIRMWARE VERSION: 9.02.01.68NAME : REMOTEMODEL: RC80 Here is the info from our remote. The problem began about a week now. We have changed batteries 5 times. Although it shows 100%, the Remote icon keeps appearing & Remote will not work.Please help.Barbara

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: How to fix remote battery life indicator on screen

Jump to solution

@rajaalbarb

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Have you tried pairing the remote again to your Roku device? In addition, can you please provide the model and serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos