Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We-like-cats
Level 8

Re: Remote Control Battery Status Keeps Displaying on TV

Jump to solution

Sent

0 Kudos
emahon98
Level 7

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

i did that and it worked for about a month.  Does the roku remote eat batteries?  that is a really low battery life

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Battery icon

Jump to solution

Do they sometimes eat batteries?  Have you seen all the threads in the Remotes section?

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/bd-p/remotes-accessories

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pghkatrina
Level 8

Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

The stupid battery warning comes up every time I pick up the remote right now but they'll last another week at least (I'm single) I'm not going to replace the batteries if they still work and waste the energy in them. You replace them when they're DEAD and the remote stops working. This popping up in the corner constantly is annoying and frankly unnecessary. There needs to be an option for users to shut it off if we choose to. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

@pghkatrina 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
David21
Level 9

Re: Let us shut off the stupid battery warning!

Jump to solution

My guess is that some manager thought it would be a good feature and ordered it implemented and pushed out in a system update. My guess is that it can't be disabled, so we will have to see the stupid battery level icon now and then forever. Thanks, Roku, for adding a feature we hate.

0 Kudos
We-like-cats
Level 8

Jump to solution

I keep getting this issue too.

Customer support has had be reset my box but it only worked for a week.

I also get an issue where if I hit play, a few seconds latter it will repause.  (It is like it takes the command then a few seconds latter resends the command).  The opposite is true when I hit pause and even the power button.

0 Kudos
Suzettevi
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku tv’s and they all display the stupid battery level icon in the top right corner.  It goes from red, to green then back to red.  IT IS ANNOYING!

there has to be someone who coded this idiotic warning to display.  They need to undo what they did.  

please fix this ASAP.

0 Kudos
Suzettevi
Level 7

Jump to solution

I put brand new batteries in the remote and IT STILL KEEPS DISPLAYING THE STUPID MESSAGE AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE SCREEN.

This is ridiculously ANNOYING.  please make it go away! 

0 Kudos
Nori
Level 7

Jump to solution

Understand your frustration. Same here. But if you’re using Roku 2 that icon will never go away. I’ve read such horrible reviews of the newer models that I won’t buy another Roku. Happy now streaming all thru my Samsung smart tv apps. 

0 Kudos